Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Experiment #1 Day 1

     A healthy lifestyle is something almost everyone dreams of, but not everyone feels they can obtain.  The difference between who you are and what you want to be is what you DO!  As a former overweight woman, I know how hard it is to take the first step towards a healthy lifestyle.  It feels like the goal will take forever...if ever to accomplish.  I am here to tell you that it is definitely a journey and if you can learn to appreciate it and not just focus on your destination, that you WILL and CAN obtain a healthy lifestyle.

     I have been asked to promote a new protein shake called Visalus Sciences Vi-Shape.  I'm not one to promote something I have never used.  Over the next two weeks I will be reviewing this new shake.  Combined with the shake plan I will also be continuing my workouts and healthy eating plan.  If I feel like the shake makes a difference I will be hosting a Vi-Shape informational meeting and trying to pull together a local group of girls to workout weekly as a group to help with motivation to continue a healthy lifestyle solo. 




http://visalus.com/body-by-vi-challenge/90-day-challenge  (For a video about the product)

Some of the components of Vi-shape
 "The perfect 'heart smart meal' that provides an ideal balance of nutrition, and our unique Tri-Sorb protein blend with fiber for long-lasting energy that won't leave you hungry.  This unique formula combines ingredients to help you lose weight, build muscle or maintain your slim shape.  Contains a full serving of calcium and vitamins and minerals in a lean 90 calorie mix.  With non-GMO Soy, processed to reduce isoflavones." (qtd. from the actual Vi-Shape Bag of Mix)

The shakes are GLUTEN & LACTOSE FREE!  Safe for pregnant women



Today is April 4, 2012 (Happy Birthday to my Little Brother who turns 13 today!)

My current weight is: 162 lbs
My Height is: 5ft 8"
Waist: 30.5"
Hips: 38.5"
Thigh: L 25.5"  R 26"
Chest: 38"
Butt: (measuring the absolute largest part of my butt and thighs standing with me feet approximately 1ft apart) 43.5"

As you all can see I am making this very personal.  I live a healthy lifestyle but there is still room for improvement.

I encourage everyone out there to start making healthier choices today! 

The pain of discipline is far less than the pain of regret!

If any girls in the Fremont County, Colorado area would like to follow my experiment and if you are interested at the end to join a FIT GROUP, please contact me at outdoorsygirl81212@gmail.com


4/4/2012

I've had my first shake this morning.  I first enjoyed a cup of coffee when I woke up and then made my shake.

7am-- I blended two scoops of the Vi-Shape Sweet Cream Flavor with 1 1/2 cups of Almond Milk, 1 frozen banana (I first peel and then freeze the bananas in a freezer bag, trying to peel a frozen banana IS NOT FUN!) and 4 frozen strawberries.  The shake was thick like a milkshake, with no nasty protein taste.  I enjoyed it and it took me quite a while to drink and I am very satisfied.

I plan to workout today and enjoy another shake for lunch.

3pm- Checking back in, I've eaten an apple as a snack while sitting in class today and I just finished my second shake for lunch.  I prepared it the same way as I did for breakfast, and it's still just as good.  I'm pleasantly full but not too full.  Now I will complete a workout and then tonight eat a sensible yet enjoyable dinner.  So far, so good on day 1!

I power walked Skyline drive tonight with a friend, it was very enjoyable, it's so nice that as we looked down on the town it was budding green all over :)

Ate a bowl of Elk Chile tonight and had one low carb tortilla.  Drank a ton of water and cleaned my house like a maniac.  About an hour before bed I ate one slice of turkey to maintain protein through the night.

Overall the first day went GREAT!  I was full most all day and didn't have the desire to snack at all.  I'm feeling like maybe this thing might actually work :)  Check Back for tomorrow's entry.





No comments:

Post a Comment