Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

My Favorite Leg Workout

Had a great workout today, until I felt like I pulled something.  Every time I hurt myself I try and push through the pain and then it's a week before I'm in the gym again.  So today as soon as I felt that twinge of pain I stopped and stretched, but usually I would do the entire thing, I only made it to the squats before I felt an intense burning and pain in my groin area.

     Usually I start off doing cardio and I listen to upbeat techno music while I'm on the Elliptical, I usually keep my Strides Per Minute between 160 and 180.  I finally hit a mile in under 10 minutes on this damn machine today and I do the interval workout.  Usually it is at a zero resistance with a 4 incline for 2 minutes and then jumps up to a 8 resistance at a 10 incline for 4 minutes.  I did this for 10 minutes for a warm up/cardio.

     Then I go to the lovely "Ladies World" in my gym because I enjoy working out and I don't enjoy listening to muscle heads grunt and moan throughout the gym.  Ladies World is usually empty during the time I workout so I can do my HIIT workouts without waiting in between sets for a certain piece of equipment.

     I start with the lovely Lunges and do 3 sets of 12 with 8 lb dumbbells in each hand,

Pinned Image

I then do Dead Lifts 3 sets of 12 holding 20lbs,

 Pinned Image

Calf Raises are next, 3 sets of 15 with no weight.

Pinned Image

Squats, 3 sets of 12 holding 15 lbs out in front of you

Pinned Image

Then 2 sets of 12 short bridges holding a 15lb weight on my stomach/pelvic area.

Pinned Image

    Then I walk on the treadmill with the incline set as high as it will go at 4.5 MPH for at least 10 min (this just helps condition me for hiking this summer, But it's a great cool down)

     Then I stretch the hell out of my legs so I'm not as sore the next day.  The best thing about this workout is, you don't need a gym to do it.  Run a mile, do the workouts, and then walk another mile. 

  

No comments:

Post a Comment